We started our day as usual, 9 am pickup. We went to Stop and Go for peanut butter sandwiches and pate poulet.
We arrived at 9:45. The boys played dominoes, we blew bubbles, played with cars, colored, and snacked.
We fed J and his friends lunch around noon. He was exhausted today and wanted me to take him to the car. He fell asleep almost immediately and slept for over an hour.
A few observations/takeaways:
-Patrick typically hangs with the teenage boys. But for some reason, three little girls attached themselves to him today and would NOT LET GO. It was hilarious.
– I saw a woman carrying 16 dozen eggs on her head. Wha?????
– the kids love Noah and Brady’s hair. They are constantly rubbing their hands through it.
– j is definitely a mama’s boy.
– at one point today, Brady saw kids throwing rocks at each other and beating one another, he got overwhelmed, began crying and we had to remove him from the crowd.
– at one point, j peed in a big silver bowl in the hallway. We hope that was a pee pot and not a kitchen bowl.
– Brady is instantly familiar with everyone. At one point, he walked by the head nanny (Mama Tita) and squeezed her twice.
– Noah has had the misfortune of pushing multiple children on the swings who are not wearing underwear (undies are on our shopping list for next trip)
– because the weather was so nice this trip, we got to spend most of our time outside, with the guys and older kids. It was awesome because we didn’t have to kick people off the balcony. Everyone was included.
Saying goodbye to J was of course very difficult. He was in tears, which usually doesn’t happen. One of us will come back in March.
We head home tomorrow…praying for smooth travels.